SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time consumption issue

when i run the testcase in which i am feeling the login window form it is taking about 10-15 minutes and the fields in the form are only 3 why it is taking so much of time i am not understanding can anyone help me.this is a java application and sometimes silk does not recognise the object when i run it 10 times it does not run for about 6 times why this is so.
    Ramesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Time consumption issue

Originally posted by rametty1:
    when i run the testcase in which i am feeling the login window form it is taking about 10-15 minutes and the fields in the form are only 3 why it is taking so much of time i am not understanding can anyone help me.this is a java application and sometimes silk does not recognise the object when i run it 10 times it does not run for about 6 times why this is so.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Mr.Ramesh,

Look at all your scenario where the failure happens and post us with the same.

In general, the failure could be because of network latency and related time delay required in the script.

Ensure that the script has proper verification checks (like existence, enabled...) before doing the actions.

[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Babu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya i had a look at everything basically form is containing only fields and button and there is no issue in that.
    Ramesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by rametty1:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Check the RAM on your machine and on the server if you are using one. That's the first place I'd check.
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.
    --Donald Knuth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everything regarding ram and server is fine because all other application are running correctly but this is happening with only java login screen.

thanks.
    Ramesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparantly, Silk is not timing out during this login. What specific call is Silk making when it is waiting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have 512 mb ram and server is also okey this is a major problem really show stopper what to do?
    Ramesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since SilkTest is not timing out during this extended login, then there is some call that is holding the system resources and not returning. I think if you can track down what the specific call is, you would be far along in your quest to resolve this issue. Watch the dialog during runtime and see what specific call is being made while the login appears to be hanging.

You might even be able to debug into this with some strategically placed break-points.