SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

java custom objects

hi while doing the automation of the java application i got one custom object which is actually a table with column header, sub column, fields it is recognising header as one custm, sub as second, field data as third custom object how do i map it so that i can use it properly where for indivisual cell i can get even it's colour and text and data in corresponding cell in some row.
    Ramesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: java custom objects

Originally posted by rametty1:
    hi while doing the automation of the java application i got one custom object which is actually a table with column header, sub column, fields it is recognising header as one custm, sub as second, field data as third custom object how do i map it so that i can use it properly where for indivisual cell i can get even it's colour and text and data in corresponding cell in some row.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">If the table object is not recognised by your silktest, ensure whether proper extension enabler is loaded (active-x/java..). Still if it not recognised, do class mapping for the object to table or JavaJFCTable or VbTable using record -&gt; class map option.

The color of the cell cannot be retrived by silktest directly. In this case, you should call java methods to find the color and then call from silktest using InvokeJava method. At the same time, u can get the text directly by silktest using GetCellValue method.

First, try to map and ensure it is recognised at runtime and then do the rest.

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Babu [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi i waould like to know one thing does the class of the object changes when we do class mapping if so it is not changing what is the problem is anyone facing this problem
    [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Ramesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Class mapping allows you to instruct Silk to treat a custom object it does not recognize as though it were an object that Silk does recognize. Suppose your developers created a custom object that looked and behaved very much like a treeview, but it isn't actually a treeview. You can map the class to a treeview and tell Silk to treat it like a treeview. It doesn't always work perfectly, but you often to get much of the functionality you desire.