User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Security Information Dialog in IE 5

Hi,

Does anybody know how to tackle this dialog box?

This shows up when I login to our cluster with security on(https://)

Basically this is about page having secure and non secure items.

Silk fails to see the window, just spins there forever. I tried recording but that didnot work.

Desktop.getFocus() fails.
    agent spins.

any workaround tips appreciated.

thanks in advance.

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Security Information Dialog in IE 5

Turn the Browser Extention off. (Set your browser in Runtime to none) Record that dialog and handle it when it comes... So add it to your frame in other words.

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AJ, Are you saying that once the tag is adequately created, the problem goes away? Or would I also need to set browser to none when I get to that point during runtime? I have a hack in my frame to get around this Silk hanging bug on security, but the hack is kind of ugly ...actually, very, very ugly, and it would be great to remove it.

------------------

Got an email inquiring about "the hack" -- here it is, and it's not one for the textbooks.

The code is a bit out of context without telling you how we use it. Basically, call it anytime when transitioning between pages and you believe the dialog may appear. In our frame, we always hide the UI from the page transition via methods, e.g. Accept() and Dismiss() instead of button.click() so we call the function from within Accept() methods, etc. at base class level.

DANGER: In many cases, it is a bug in your web site to see this dialog, which is why we keep the ability to turn off this behavior through a global boolean set either by testcase or globally.

DISCLAIMERS: (1) need to define your own iAcceptSleepTime variable. (2) I assume no liability for bad behavior due to haphazard typing of Esc key. We played around with "Y" etc. but all key hackery is evil, this seems to be the least so. (3) Calling the TypeKeys twice seems strange, but somebody smarter than me figured out that it worked, and I'm just sticking with it.

Good luck!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Matt Sullivan (edited 03-17-2000).]
    <BLOCKQUOTE]<font size=1 face=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]quote:</font]<HR]It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR]</BLOCKQUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been running into the same problem, and I found an easier way to solve it. My workaround involves declaring the dialog box in browser.inc (at the very bottom there are other dialogbox declarations that can help you), then adding a line in OnLoadPage that handles the dialog, should it popup on loading the page. This is neat, simple and guaranteed to always work. This also the way Segue closes all other disturbing dialog boxes; this one they just forgot about.

Here's the code should you need it. (I didn't modify the dialog box declaration to work for both IE and NS, since my problem is in IE only, but this can be done)

(Line 265) OnLoadPage (STRING sLocation, STRING sUserName null, STRING sPassword null)
    (Line 279)if (BrowserSecurityInfo.Exists ())
    BrowserSecurityInfo.Continue.Click ()

(added) if (SecurityInformation.Exists ())
    (added) SecurityInformation.Yes.Click ()

(end of file)
    [-] window DialogBox SecurityInformation
    [ ] tag "$MessageBox"
    [ ] parent Browser
    [-] PushButton Yes
    [ ] tag "$6"
    [-] PushButton No
    [ ] tag "$7"
    [-] PushButton MoreInfo
    [ ] tag "$1181"
    [-] StaticText ThisPageContainsBothSecure
    [ ] tag "$65535"