User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Invisible forms??

All,

I am automating a java struts/javascript based web app. It consists of several forms on several pages. So far I have made include declarations for the majority of the application and haven't had any real problems. Today, however, I was attempting to record the window declarations for the next area of the application to be automated and for some reason that I cannot figure out, Silk refuses to see the form that is on the page. It's a very simple form consisting of 4 pushbuttons and one popuplist. The page also has a top navigation bar of which all of it's components are seen by Silk. I haven't changed any environment settings to cause something like this to happen so I have no idea what it could be. I've looked at the generated HTML code and all of the code for the form and it's controls is in the HTML code so I can't for the life of me figure out why Silk wouldn't see it.

Has anyone ever seen this and know how I can get around it?

Thanks,

-John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Invisible forms??

John,

You did not indicate whether you had played with borderless table recognition. If you turn table recognitin off and are able to recognize your objects, you may want to take a look at where the form elements are opened/closed. I recently had a page defined like the following:

<table>
    <form>
    </table>

<table>
    </table>

</form>

The impact of defining a form element within a table object, but closing it outside of that table, was that (with table recognition on) ST was unable to recognize the subsequent table object, or any of its children. The page was corrected to define the form element outside of the table, and all was well. Alternatively, the form could have been closed inside the table in which it was defined.

Good luck...

------------------
    Jon A. Lamprech
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jlamprech@ameliortech.com
    Jon A. Lamprech
    jlamprech@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Invisible forms??

Jon,

Thanks for your reply, while this was not exactly the issue that I was having, it did point me in the right direction. It seems that Silk has problems when dealing with forms that are declared inside the table. I did some comparison to the code between a working page and a non working page and that was the glaring difference. Once I moved the form declarations outside of the table declarations, it worked like a champ.

Thanks for your help,

-John

------------------