0 Thread(s)

problem with java application

Hi,
    I am facing the following problems.
    Le me tell u the environment first
    Os is windows2000 professional
    Application is java based.(swing) client-server
    SilkTest ver is 5.5.
    1)I installed the application and silktest on windows2k system and environment is set as classpath =.;E:\Segue\SilkTest\JavaEx\SilkTest_Java1.jar; . ;E:\Segue\SilkTest\JavaEx\SilkTest_Java2.jar; . ;E:\jdk1.3.1\bin; . ; E:\jdk1.3.1\lib; .;E:\Segue\SilkTest\JavaEx\JFC11\swingall.jar; . ;
    in system variable of system properties.

More over I added the path in application batch file as shown below.

REM ************************************************** *************
    REM Set the class path here
    REM ************************************************** *************
    set CLASSPATH=%PMROOT%\classes;%JREROOT%\lib\rt.jar;%P MROOT%\classes\jcchart401K.jar;%PMROOT%\classes\sf c.jar;%PMROOT%\classes\swingall.jar;%PMROOT%\class es\databind.jar;%PMROOT%\class es\jcert.jar;%PMROOT%\classes\jnet.jar;%PMROOT%\cl asses\jsse.jar;%PMROOT%\classes\jh_1_1_3.jar;%PMRO OT%\classes\jhall_1_1_3.jar;%PMROOT%\classes\pm_ma nager.jar;%PMROOT%\classes\sun jce_provider.jar;%PMROOT%\classes\jce1_2_1.jar;E:\ Segue\SilkTest\JavaEx\SilkTest_Java2.jar;.
    echo on
    "%JAVAVM%" -classpath "%CLASSPATH%" -Xms24m -Xmx128m -DPM_ROOT_PATH="%PM_ROOT_PATH%" com.ipolicynet.pm.common.PmMain %PARAM1% %PARAM2% %PARAM3%

2)When trying to record test frame for window declarations I am getting the error as “ The instruction at “0x77fcb317” reference memory at “0x00202020”. The memory could not be written” when I click ok silk test getting closed.
    Here : I tried with my sys admin and conformed that it is not a system error.
    If I try with notepad of windows then there is no error.

3)when I use direct script file through menu record -à window declaration in silk test it is recorded as
    [-] window DialogBox UnifiedSecurityManagerC
    [ ] tag "Unified Security Manager - ? Customers View ?"
    [-] CustomWin SunAwtCanvas1
    [ ] msw tag "[SunAwtCanvas]$0"
    not identifying any object in the application. This means silk recording as Dialog box .
    3)AUT is using javaw.exe in the Task Manager Process window
    Silk Test is enabled with the java extension

Can Any body help me to over come this problems?.
    Regards,
    Zakir

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: problem with java application

Hi,

1) I'm not sure but try to move the E:\Segue\SilkTest\JavaEx\SilkTest_Java2.jar entry in front of the \classes\swingall.jar-entry and try again.
    I think the order of the entries is quite
    relevant.

3) Did you try class mapping?

regards,

Martin.

------------------

[This message has been edited by MKlein (edited 05-16-2003).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zakir:

=.;E:\Segue\SilkTest\JavaEx\SilkTest_Java1.jar; . ;E:\Segue\SilkTest\JavaEx\SilkTest_Java2.jar; . ;E:\jdk1.3.1\bin; . ; E:\jdk1.3.1\lib; .;E:\Segue\SilkTest\JavaEx\JFC11\swingall.jar; . ;
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Based on your use of jdk 1.3, the only jar you need for Silk is SilkTest_Java2.jar.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I faced a similar problem too once. And what made it work was a clean install of Silktest. I couldnt track it down - as to why the error was thrown. I know it isnt the right attitude - but it might just work!

Cheers!
    Aatish

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk is likely not finding your Java2.jar. It should see that DialogBox as a JavaDialogBox.

I know from nightmarish experience that classpath issues can drive you nuts, but stick with it. Do what you must to get that jar file in the unquestionably classpath and Silk will behave the way you want it to.

Also, I don't know if this is still the case in 6.0, but in 5.5, Silk did not support Symantec Foundation Classes in the sfc.jar. You have sfc.jar in your classpath. You might want to check with Segue on that one.

------------------