SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HtmlPushButton recognized but cannot click

What happens? Nothing? An error message in the Silk results file?

------------------
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
    --Donald Knuth
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.
    --Donald Knuth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the hint. (I am hitting myself.)

I invoked the function: ExceptLog () and got the following exception message.

*** Error: Window '/[MainWin]Scheduling Attachments - Microsoft Internet Explorer/[BrowserChild]Scheduling Attachments/[HtmlForm]FileAttach/[HtmlTable]Add Attachment/[HtmlColumn]File/[HtmlPu...' is not exposed

Apparently that PushButton is considered to be not exposed. Therefore, I modified the code in the following style:

[-] withoptions
    [ ] Agent.SetOption (OPT_VERIFY_EXPOSED, FALSE)
    Agent.SetOption (OPT_VERIFY_ENABLED, FALSE)
    [ ] this.btnButton.Click ()

Now that works. I had to set the agent option to ignore the exposed status of the control.

Thank you very much.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've run into the same "not exposed" problem a few times before. Glad you got it working.

------------------
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
    --Donald Knuth
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.
    --Donald Knuth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HtmlPushButton recognized but cannot click

Hi All,

I just encountered a strange problem with SilkTest 6.0 SP1 working on a web application. I've defined an HtmlPushButton, a regular form submit button. However the member function .Click() does not result in a click. I've attempted both of the approaches below:

Attempt #1:
    this...staticLinks.BrowseButton1.Click ()

Attempt #2:
    this...staticLinks.HtmlPushButton("#1").Click ()

I've verified in the debug mode that the target push button indeed has index 1. This page also has a second push button with the same caption but has index 2. Nothing seems wrong but the click just doesn't go through.

Does anyone have similar experience? Thanks for any information.

David