SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can I click the dropdown arrow next to IE Back Button?

Testing a web app, and I need to be able to click not only the IE Back Button but the little "down arrow" dropdown button next to it, to get to the list of cached links several pages back. The app uses a series of jsp's for the login, and they are recorded there in the list. We found earlier that a user could log out of the app and then get back in through the Back Button. That was fixed in the code, but as part of the SilkTest scripts I do for regression testing, I want to be able to verify that that is still OK.

I can get my script to click the main Back Button, but I don't see a separate object for the down arrow. I've used all the tricks I know and Searched here on the forum, and I'm stumped.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How can I click the dropdown arrow next to IE Back Button?

As was posted on the Segue site, use a right click on the Back button. i.e. Browser.Click(2)

------------------
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
    --Donald Knuth
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.
    --Donald Knuth