User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows declaration keep on changing

Hi,

I am testing an application which has a portal .
    When we access it through browser using Silk to record window declarations, the following observations were made:

When I use IE5.0 and Silktest5.0.3(using DOM):
    i)Copying the same script from (say Winnt) to another machine with other OS (say Win2k)changes the windows declarations.
    ii) Using the same machine also sometimes changes the windows declarations.

Please help me in resolving this issue.And let me know what additional settings or any work arounds needed to be done.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
    Bhairavi

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Windows declaration keep on changing

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bhairavi:
    i)Copying the same script from (say Winnt) to another machine with other OS (say Win2k)changes the windows declarations.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Look up "guitype" and "gui specifiers" in Silk's Help/Index. A guitype identifies a tag as belonging to a particular operating system - mswnt40 for Winnt and msw2000 for Win2K. You'll need to recapture the tags for these applications running on affected op' systems and apply them to your original declaration file entries.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>
    ii) Using the same machine also sometimes changes the windows declarations.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are many ways this can happen. You'll need to provide some examples to get further help.

John

[This message has been edited by John J. Miller (edited 05-14-2003).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

Using:
    Silktest ver: 5.0.3
    Browser ver : IE 5.0

I'm attaching a file which shows two windows declarations for the same browser page for our product.
    BrowserChild once shows LoginSavvionBusinessManager while recording the declarations shows the same as LoginSBM.

thnks,
    -Bhairavi

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I understand that both browserchild LoginSavvionBusinessManager and LoginSBM has the same tag "Login - SBM"

Use multitag to differentiate between the both.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bhairavi:
    Using:
    Silktest ver: 5.0.3
    Browser ver : IE 5.0

I'm attaching a file which shows two windows declarations for the same browser page for our product.
    BrowserChild once shows LoginSavvionBusinessManager while recording the declarations shows the same as LoginSBM.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first declaration is the result of using the Frame wizard. The second is the result of a Record/Window Declarations. With the exceptions of their BrowserChild names and the wizard-induced system variables they are otherwise identical. You only need one.

Silk 5.0.3 is very old. There have been many useful improvements since then. You might consider upgrading.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... and the tags are the same. You can name the window identifier (LoginSavvionBusinessManager vs. LoginSBM) whatever you want to name it. You could call it GLUG or RAPFT, if you want to. So long as the tag is correct, and in your case it is the same in both declarations, Silk will find it.

It is very rare that I leave the Window Identifier as what Silk originally suggests. I want them to be very clear and specific: OKButton rather than OK, or LastNameTextField rather than LastName.

Good Luck!!

------------------