All

This is a bit of an annoyance and I was wondering if any of you have run into this. My platforms where this occurs:
Windows 2000 and Windows NT 4.0
My app under test is running in JVM 3810 thats the Java virtual Machine that comes from Microsoft.

There are several activex controls that Silk does work with in this app. Ocassionally like 1 out of every 40 runs of my tests I get this freeze up condition. When I say freeze up I mean absolute zero freeze up. Mouse and keybord control are out .. you cannot ping the frozen machine .. in fact the only thing left is to hit the reset button.

Again this spans two machines with two OS's. I am reasonably sure this does not happen manually since the product has been out in the field years before I got to the company.
(I doubt a customer would be forgiving on this one)

Has anyone else seen this type of behavior, and does anyone have any suggestions on workarounds. Please note I would much rather post this on this forum asking REAL USERS than deal with Segue support. This forum is fantastic for getting usefull information in a timely non-invasive way ..

------------------
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
Sincerely
Richard Weth
Sr. QA Engineer
mailto:rick_weth@yahoo.com