SPONSORS:






User Tag List

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Billings, MT, USA
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    *** Error: Window \'[PushButton]View\' was not found

    The full details of the error:

    [ ] *** Error: Window '[PushButton]View' was not found
    [ ] Occurred in Pick
    [ ] Called from Explorer.SetRequiredOptions at extend\explorer.inc(627)
    [ ] Called from Browser.SetRequiredOptions at browser.inc(551)
    [ ] Called from DefaultBaseState at defaults.inc(250)
    [ ] Called from SetMultiAppStates at cs.inc(20)

    As you can see, this is not my code. I am getting this error on a remote machine. The test is setup this way:

    Machine 1: main application -> calls agent
    Machine 2: agent -> starts browser
    Machine 2: agent cannot find push button view on browser, returns error

    The funky thing is this worked, for a while, then just quit. I'm at a loss as to what the problem is.

    I have re-installed the browser, agent, silktest. I have rolled back my code to an earlier version, I've tried killing the remote agent, starting it again, restarting the browser, not restarting the browser...

    It seems to me that the problem lies in the remote machine's browser. It's freezing up once it starts, but not right away, I can open the tools/internet options menu, but then I can't delete cookies (IE 6 sp1) because it freezes. This I believe is the root of the problem.

    My first thought is to change an agent option to make it slow the failure rate down when it's waiting for an action to occur, so I did that, and it still failed. It seems as though if the browser freezes up, it just zonks the whole execution.

    Attached is my code, if you can find a reason why this is happening, please let me know. I'll be sure to update this thread if I get any success too.

    Thanks a lot.

    ------------------
    Clay Givens
    Lead QA Automation Test Engineer
    HotJobs, a Yahoo! service.
    406 W. 31st 9th Floor
    New York, NY 10001
    clayg@yahoo-inc.com
    Clay Givens
    Yahoo! QA Engineer

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: *** Error: Window \'[PushButton]View\' was not found

    I'd bet that it's a race condition problem. At some point in script execution, there is a probably a sporadic timing problem. I would write some code to trap what is active when you attempt to use [PushButton]View. I wonder if the page or component hasn't completely loaded yet on that machine's browser.

    I've had similar problems which I sometimes have to fix from build to build until I get something really robust in place to handle the different timing situations going from state to state. I had something similar happen with a function I wrote that waits for a page to load. When I did a GetActive()and printed the results, it printed "BrowserPage" even though it looked like the page I wanted had loaded. I tried manipulating the Browser, but it said that the functions I was trying to use were not available. (i.e. Browser.Close())




    [ ] *** Error: Window '[PushButton]View' was not found
    [ ] Occurred in Pick
    [ ] Called from Explorer.SetRequiredOptions at extend\explorer.inc(627)
    [ ] Called from Browser.SetRequiredOptions at browser.inc(551)
    [ ] Called from DefaultBaseState at defaults.inc(250)
    [ ] Called from SetMultiAppStates at cs.inc(20)

    [/QUOTE]



    ------------------
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
    --Donald Knuth
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.
    --Donald Knuth

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Billings, MT, USA
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: *** Error: Window \'[PushButton]View\' was not found

    This is a great suggestion. Unfortunately I was just pulled from this project. I did try to implement this, but it looks like more of a system configuration problem on the client, where the browser is possibly conflicting with some third party software. Thanks.

    ------------------
    Clay Givens
    Lead QA Automation Test Engineer
    HotJobs, a Yahoo! service.
    406 W. 31st 9th Floor
    New York, NY 10001
    clayg@yahoo-inc.com
    Clay Givens
    Yahoo! QA Engineer

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.9 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Questions / Answers Form provided by vBAnswers (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBNominatevBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Username Changing provided by Username Change (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
BetaSoft Inc.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:23 AM.

Copyright BetaSoft Inc.