SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*** Error: Window \'[MainWin]$explorer6_DOM[1]\' was not found

Have been facing a lot of this error when tryin to execute my scripts...comes especially when i try and run the scripts on an already open window of IE, or else the Browser window has closed already before execution
    Want to understand....what does the error exactly mean...???

------------------
    Master Yodo
    Testing Centre of Excellence

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: *** Error: Window \'[MainWin]$explorer6_DOM[1]\' was not found

The Silktest could not recognise/find ur internet explorer. This could be because you would not have enabled the relevant IE Version with DOM option either in the host or agent's extension enabler else such object is not present or active in your window.

Hope this helps!!

Bobby

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have this problem too and it happens intermittently. Out of a 45 script testplan 2-5 of them will fail with the cant find IE window error like was said above. What is the workaround for this? Its almost as if Silk has lost "injection" into the IE window.

------------------
    Ryan McCullough
    Accelrys Inc.
    ryan@accelrys.com
    Ryan McCullough
    RightNow Tech. Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This happens mostly because of the wait time provided in the scripts.

It could be the loading time of the objects in the screen of the browser else invoked time of the browser.

Try with adding appropriate block of code ( wait till the object to exist) or change the agent time option.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not always. There are many times, as Ryan has said, where I will be sitting there LOOKING at the fully loaded browser window, but Silk believes it has not loaded. This occurs 99% of the time with a newly loaded browser, rather than an existing browser that has loaded a new page.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx guys...the Browser.WaitForReady() & Browser.SetActive() did work in some cases, but now i face a new problem...The entire scripts runs successfully on the PC where I coded it, but when i try and run that same script on another PC having similar Silk Settings...around 5-6 scripts fail giving me the same error
    Now why would that happen...any thoughts ??

------------------
    Master Yodo
    Testing Centre of Excellence

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put
    Browser.WaitForReady()
    Browser.SetActive(), or
    some sleep time
    to see if that help.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If ur application or the relevant web pages of the testcases consumes more system resources to load the screen of the AUT, it is obiviously directly depends on your system.

We faced the same problems because of the network latency and system resources.

Hope the failure of the testcases is not related to the existence of files in the system or bitmap verification!!!!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

silk1 its not that simple. Lets say run a test plan with 50 scripts in it. I will occassionally get 1 or 2 that fail in the appstate. It usually fails when it first tries to interact with the browser and this usually occurs only on a new browser like DJ said.

Sometimes this fails inside of the Browser.SetActive() or Browser.WaitForReady(). I have also seen a couple isntances where silk loses "injection" of the app, but if you start a new IE window evertying is recognized again.

I hope that clears this up.

------------------
    Ryan McCullough
    Accelrys Inc.
    ryan@accelrys.com
    Ryan McCullough
    RightNow Tech. Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are the types of issues that bring on lots of headaches and ulcers!

I find great frustration with timing issues and address it as much as possible by assuming NOTHING along the lines of "I clicked this button or link, therefore the expected object appeared."

I see a lot of that with younger members of our team where they code an action and the next line of code assumes the correct result.

Use of a lot of "while" statements is helpful with this sort of thing. While your object doesn't exist, and while a certain iWait is below a given time, sleep for a millisecond, increment iWait and look for your object again. If you reach the limits of your iWait, log the error, or better yet, raise an exception so you'll have a log of where this happened (Use ExceptLog()), reset the state of your applicaiton under test and continue with the next test.

Some object that coding so many conditional while loops consumes too much time in script production. I point to the amount of time burned trying to track down the very issues that such conditional coding prevents.

It's undoubtedly a matter of perspective and personal preference.

------------------