SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Testing two instances of app

Our people want to be able to have two identical app windows open, client 1 and client 2.
    Each client window contains a child window with an identical list.
    When I update client 1 and then refresh client 2 the change will be reflected in client 2.
    I need to be able to test that this has taken place.
    So far, I cannot since I get the "...is not unique" error message when trying to test either window.
    Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Testing two instances of app

There's an ugly way to do this: Create two instances of your MainWin, and append [1] and [2] to the end of each tag, like so:

The problem with this is that whichever instance of your application is currently active will always be seen as MyApp1. This is actually workable, although not pretty: any time you want to switch instances in your script, just call MyApp2.SetActive(), and then continue making calls to MyApp1. For example:

I'm sure there's a more clever way to do this, but it requires a little thought. In the meantime, that's a viable workaround. You just have to keep track mentaly of which instance you're dealing with, and always make calls to MyApp1, using MyApp2.SetActive() to switch instances.

Lawrence Horwitz
    Quark, Inc.
    Lawrence Horwitz
    Automation Team Lead
    Quark, Inc.