SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Recognition Varies Between Machines

This seems familiar in regards to Silk 6.x. Try this link for a possible workaround:
    http://www.qaforums.com/Forum1/HTML/004209-2.html

If that doesn't do it, I'd be real tempted to temporarily drop the "const nInvokeTimeout = 60" value in browser.inc - at least to see if it had some useful effect.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John,

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is not the problem. I had long since already set DomWaitForBrowser = 1 in the domex.ini file in hopes of a performance improvement.

This problem is strictly with Browserchild recognition. I verified this by attempting to record window tags on an extremely simple page and even if I go to lunch and come back it gets no further than recognizing the browser itself.

~ Fred

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recognition Varies Between Machines

I'm having a weird problem where I can no longer run the same tests on different machines. I've checked the extensions, but nothing I try helps.

What happens is a browser will either be set active or started if it isn't running. Then it will set the url for the login page. But SilkTest never recognizes anything from the Browserchild level or lower so it times out before logging in. If I log in and then run the test, it fails to recognize the app is running and sets the url to the login page and times out again...

Any ideas?

~ Fred

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should add that the machines are all IBM brand, though two are desktops and one is a laptop. The laptop is the one giving me problems...

All running Win2K and IE6, setup for IE6 DOM.

~ Fred

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi,
    just record the window declaration of the any screen in ur laptop macine and verify whether the previous window declaration recorded in Desktop are matching.

make sure that borderless table level is same in both the machines.

------------------
    avi..
    avi..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please keep the suggestions coming. All settings are the same between machines. Meanwhile, I am attaching a Word document that contains a screenshot of exactly what I'm seeing...

Note that on the laptop SilkTest sees a Browserchild but doesn't recognize any of its contents. And on the desktop the objects are recognized along with all the multiple tags.

Could this be related to security settings in IE? Virus protection software?

~ Fred

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a problem in Win98 that was similar to this, and as I recall it turned out the problem was that another IE window was open. (I closed both windows, restarted IE and maybe ST, and all was happy.)

I doubt that is the problem for you <g>, but maybe you have Active Desktop enabled (or in use) on the laptop and not the desktops? Just a thought. (In 2000, go to "My Computer/Tools/Folder Options" and select "General/Windows Classic Desktop." I don't know if you also have to select "View/Like Current Folder" after you apply this.)

Good luck!

-TC
    --
    Tim Crone
    Broadcom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SOLVED!!!

I opened up Internet Options (Tools/Internet Options in IE) and did a comparison for security, but that was identical... So I looked at SilkTest's online help in the troubleshooting section...

It's WAY out of date, but it did have mention of a setting on the Advanced tab in Internet options so I looked there. The online help was relevant to IE 4 & IE 5, so the specific setting mentioned was not there.

But I did see in the Advanced tab that "Enable third-party browser extensions" was not selected on the laptop -- setting this option fixed my problem.

Regards,
    ~ Fred

------------------