User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Handle this situation.

Hello Guys,

Here Iam facing a problem for the last 2 months. I have tried to solve it in different ways but still I have not got a effective solution.

I am using Silk Test tool to automate the test scenarios of VB application. In one particular scenario the This application calls other indipendent application which has its own exe file. Now I want to do some operation on the second application and then switch over to the first application. But when the second applications is activated, the first application status changes to "Not responding" in Task manager. So the silktest is not able to do any operations on the second application..even the "window identify" also not functioning.
    but if I close the second application, the first application will goto running state in task manager and the silktest works fine at this point.

I have the first application in my "extention enabler"

------------------
    avi..
    avi..

MTF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to Handle this situation.

This sounds like an application problem, if the first application is listed as Not Responding in the Task Manager while the second application is running then you really have a problem that is outside the scope of Silk Test.
    A little more information may prove helpful.
    Are you able to do the actions you are trying to accomplish via Silk manually?
    Like switching between the applications and doing some kind of action on each?
    If you do this manually does the Task Manager still show the first application as Not Responding?

If there are no problems manually then we can take a look at some of the Agent options to override what Silk will 'see' as an active app.

-T

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
    Ok..The application is built in that manner only...they put the first application in sleep mode till the second application closes. This is to made to avoid memory problems.
    manually i can work with the system without any problem.

One important thing is, while iam working in the seccond application I am not supposed to work with the first application and also i can't do any thing in the first application because the second application window totally covers the first application window and i can not see even the first application window till the second one closes

------------------
    avi..
    avi..

MTF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting solution for handling memory. Unfortunately this means that Silk will not be able to handle the first application while the second one is open. Unless you can get the Developers to switch the approach you are stuck automating only the application that is on top (second one if it is open). Sooo...do stuff in the first app and launch the second one (it takes control)...do stuff on the second, close it and then continue on the first.
    I'm not sure what you need to do that you have to flip back and forth, but it may be worth you time to create a couple of functions that handle flipping back and forth and then coding through what you want to do by opening and closing the second app. I know this is a pain, but automation (if written well) can be run very quickly multiple times and in the long term you will still save time over doing the whole thing manually.
    Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Best of luck

-T

------------------