Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DBTest with FetchNext

Hello,
    I am trying to generate a FetchNext
    list of fieldname parameters on the fly and am unsure how to do this. The SQL query table and field names get generated by reading in fields from an INI file.
    I don't know the number of fields until I read in the INI file, therefore I don't know the number of fields the fetchnext needs to hold. If I have too many fields FetchNext errs out.
    It reads something like this, but I need to generate it on the fly

DB_FetchNext (mydata, a[n],a[n+1], a[n+2],
    a[n+3],a[n+4],)
    print ("a{n}: {a[n]}, a{n+1}: {a[n+1]}, a{n+2}: {a[n+2]}, a{n+3}: {a[n+3]}, a{n+4}: {a[n+4]}")
    where the a[n] field names may be ID, COST, QUANTITY in one query, and they may be
    url, company, address, city, state, zip, price in another query, so I need to generate the fetchnext field list on the fly. The Fields may be from 1 15 depending on the table.
    Suggestions???
    Thanks,
    STeve

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DBTest with FetchNext

Steve,

Pass a LIST variable to DB_FetchNext. It will hold however many columns as are specified in the select statment of the query.

What will you do with the values you retrieve from the database? What is the broader problem you are trying to solve?

- Jim

------------------