SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTestResultsViewer is showing builds in random order

If anyone has been using the silk repository and the silktestresultsviewer has ever experienced the builds on the top all the sudden coming up in random order, please let me know how to fix this. It was working fine until I got to around 25 builds run and then, they just started coming up in random order?

Very hard to read!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTestResultsViewer is showing builds in random order

I don't have 25 builds yet so I'm not seeing the problem. I would check the default.asp file. Check for the following line:

strSQL = "SELECT * from RUNS order by RUNS.BuildID"

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a line:

strSQL = "SELECT * from RUNS order by RUNS.BuildID, RUNS.RunType, RUNS.StartDateTime"

I have tried changing it to: strSQL = "SELECT * from RUNS order by RUNS.BuildID" but it still does not work?

I did not change anything on the ASP page to cause this to start happening. What is really weird is that the details section of the report is still in the correct order, but the summary is not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for reference:

the line of code that was incorrect was:

strSQL = "SELECT BUILDS.BuildID, BUILDS.Description, SUM(RUNS.Failed) as SumFailed, SUM(RUNS.Passed) as SumPassed, SUM(RUNS.NumErrors) as SumErrors, SUM(RUNS.NumWarnings) as SumWarnings FROM BUILDS, RUNS WHERE BUILDS.BuildID=RUNS.BuildID GROUP BY BUILDS.BuildID, BUILDS.Description

you need to add "order by BUILDS.BuildID" on the end:

strSQL = "SELECT BUILDS.BuildID, BUILDS.Description, SUM(RUNS.Failed) as SumFailed, SUM(RUNS.Passed) as SumPassed, SUM(RUNS.NumErrors) as SumErrors, SUM(RUNS.NumWarnings) as SumWarnings FROM BUILDS, RUNS WHERE BUILDS.BuildID=RUNS.BuildID GROUP BY BUILDS.BuildID, BUILDS.Description order by BUILDS.BuildID"

why the group by stopped working after 25 enteries I don't know, but this fix works