SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Browser.WaitForRead() not working properly

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by david.zeng:
    Thank you Donald! I'll give it a try now.

David
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem. Hope it works for you. The idea for a custom page load function was posted by someone else on this forum; and I am indebted to them because I couldn't get by without it.

Actually, my name is Jonathan. Donald Knuth is just quoted in my signature. With a handle like signal 11 I can see it being confusing though. I only wish I had a tenth of Donald Knuth's knowledge and intelligence.

------------------
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
    --Donald Knuth
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.
    --Donald Knuth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, it works just fine. Thanks for your help.

I've made some tweak to it. Should I include your name in the code credit?

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by david.zeng:
    Hehe, it works just fine. Thanks for your help.

I've made some tweak to it. Should I include your name in the code credit?

David
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Glad it works for you.

You don't have to include my name in there, I got the idea from the forum anyway.

------------------
    --Donald Knuth
    --Donald Knuth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is a bug in with segue about the browser.waitforready have a default wait time of 0 now instead of the Agent.GetOption(OPT_WINDOW_TIMEOUT) value.

------------------
    Ryan McCullough
    Accelrys Inc.
    ryan@accelrys.com
    Ryan McCullough
    RightNow Tech. Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Browser.WaitForRead() not working properly

Hi All,

I am testing a web application that includes several pages that take 3-5 seconds to load. I am using ST 6.0.1.0 build 1163.

I need to use the Browser.WaitForReady() function to ensure that the pages finish loading before I proceed with other operations. However, the WaitForReady() doesn't seem to work. I logged the actual wait time (function return value) and I keep getting 0.01 or 0.02 seconds waited before ST considers the page has finished loading.

I've also tried to set the agent option OPT_VERIFY_APPREADY to TRUE or FALSE but still the wait time is under 1 second.

Has anyone else encountered similar problems? The html source code generated by those pages contain mostly Javascript functions which handle the actual HTML creation on the client side (don't ask me why it's done this way). Would ST consider the page has finished loading after it sees the Javascript code finished loading but before JS has finished writing the HTML source?

Thanks for any help.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All,

I am testing a web application that includes several pages that take 3-5 seconds to load. I am using ST 6.0.1.0 build 1163.

I need to use the Browser.WaitForReady() function to ensure that the pages finish loading before I proceed with other operations. However, the WaitForReady() doesn't seem to work. I logged the actual wait time (function return value) and I keep getting 0.01 or 0.02 seconds waited before ST considers the page has finished loading.

I've also tried to set the agent option OPT_VERIFY_APPREADY to TRUE or FALSE but still the wait time is under 1 second.

Has anyone else encountered similar problems? The html source code generated by those pages contain mostly Javascript functions which handle the actual HTML creation on the client side (don't ask me why it's done this way). Would ST consider the page has finished loading after it sees the Javascript code finished loading but before JS has finished writing the HTML source?

Thanks for any help.

David
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have. I don't use WaitForReady(). I wrote a function to handle it myself that looks like this:
    [-] public int PageLoad(window wPageName)
    [ ] const MAX_PAGE_LOAD_TIME = 50
    [-] while (!wPageName.Exists() && iWait &lt; MAX_PAGE_LOAD_TIME)
    [ ] Sleep (1)
    [ ] iWait += 1
    [ ]
    [-] if (wPageName.Exists() == FALSE)
    [ ] // log error
    [-] do
    [ ] raise 1, "***Error: Timed out waiting for {wPageName}. Timeout: {iWait} seconds."
    [-] except
    [ ] Print(" ")
    [ ] ExceptLog()

[ ] return iWait

I've seen other posts about Browser.WaitForReady() acting up on this forum, so do a search and see what you turn up.

I test in an environment that sounds really similar to yours. I have lots of frames and popups to manage, so the PageLoad() function I have above is extremely useful.

------------------
    --Donald Knuth

[This message has been edited by signal_11 (edited 04-15-2003).]
    --Donald Knuth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Donald! I'll give it a try now.

David