SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

java applet control not found

I am having a problem that has been mentioned several times in these forums but has never been answered.

I have the problem where controls or objects on a Java applet are not recognized on the first run of a script. If I leave the browser and applet open, and run the script from the point where it interacts with the applet everything works. I do not believe this is a definitions problem since I have looked over the tags several times and I can Record->Window Identifiers and the controls are recognized. Also the second run works fine.

I have tried blacst's "SlapTheDarnThing" fix of setting the desktop active, then going back to the applet window. And I have tried moving the applet window a couple pixels. Both of these workarounds have not been successful.

Has anyone found a successful workaround for this issue?

Config:
    Windows 2000 sp2
    IE 6.0 (using the MS JVM, not the sun jre)
    Silk 6.0.1.0[1163]

If you need any additional info, or need code examples, let me know and I will post them. Thanks for your help in advance. If I figure this one out I will be sure to post the answer here.

added links for background info: http://www.qaforums.com/Forum1/HTML/004055.html http://www.qaforums.com/Forum1/HTML/001058.html http://www.qaforums.com/Forum1/HTML/002202.html
    I have read the above and tried the solutions.

Blacst, I would like to get your "SlapTheDarnThing" to find out if I was implementing your fix correctly. Can you email it to me? ryan@accelrys.com
    ------------------
    Ryan McCullough
    Accelrys Inc.
    ryan@accelrys.com

[This message has been edited by rmccullough (edited 04-15-2003).]
    Ryan McCullough
    RightNow Tech. Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: java applet control not found

bump

------------------
    Ryan McCullough
    Accelrys Inc.
    ryan@accelrys.com
    Ryan McCullough
    RightNow Tech. Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: java applet control not found

bump back!

Ryan,

Could you supply just enough of the essentials of that applet so that we might experiment with it? If we can reproduce the behavior we might be able to come up with a solution or work around for you.

John

------------------

[This message has been edited by John J. Miller (edited 04-25-2003).]