SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Object Changes Class see film at 11.

It is Friday at 5 P.M. so bear with me. I have a java dialog box that has a message on it. This dialog can be generated from two different applets but it performs the same service of informing the user that there is no more data to process and the session is terminated or there was a problem processing the data and the session was terminated.

Until today the message box could be defined once and used in either applet.

Now in one applet the message on the Dialog box is of a class JavaJFCTextField on the other it is JavaJFCStaticText (The original class)

I said, "No problem there is a way to make the object work for both classes in the tagging" ................. But remember it is Friday at 5 P.M. and I am brain fried. Can any one kindly point me in the right direction again.

This doesn't seem to work

------------------

[This message has been edited by blacst (edited 04-11-2003).]

[This message has been edited by blacst (edited 04-14-2003).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Object Changes Class see film at 11.

After taking a day off, I came back to look at the problem again. What I had set for the tags should have worked according to something I read before. But I guess it doesn't always work.

So...

What I did was pay attention to where I interacted with this control. Since I use Methods or functions to interact with the GUI of my application, I only had two places to make a change.

The first was to add an object declaration for the new class. I used the new class (JavaJFCTextField), Tag (“#1”) and a modification of the instance name Message1 (for lack of an imagination on Sunday.) So now I have a declaration for the JavaJFCTextField and the JavaJFCStaticText.
    The Second was in a Close Dialog function. The function interrogates the message that is returned, hence the problem with the control’s class, to determine if it was a good message (List of acceptable messages) or a bad message (Not in the list.). It then reports an error and recovers or closes the darn thing and goes on.

Now I check to see which message (Message or Message1) exists and then deal with either of them appropriately.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Object Changes Class see film at 11.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blacst:
    After taking a day off, I came back to look at the problem again. What I had set for the tags should have worked according to something I read before. But I guess it doesn't always work.

So...

What I did was pay attention to where I interacted with this control. Since I use Methods or functions to interact with the GUI of my application, I only had two places to make a change.

The first was to add an object declaration for the new class. I used the new class (JavaJFCTextField), Tag (“#1”) and a modification of the instance name Message1 (for lack of an imagination on Sunday.) So now I have a declaration for the JavaJFCTextField and the JavaJFCStaticText.
    The Second was in a Close Dialog function. The function interrogates the message that is returned, hence the problem with the control’s class, to determine if it was a good message (List of acceptable messages) or a bad message (Not in the list.). It then reports an error and recovers or closes the darn thing and goes on.

Now I check to see which message (Message or Message1) exists and then deal with either of them appropriately.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I run into similar problems frequently. Have you tried: [ ] Agent.SetOption(OPT_VERIFY_UNIQUE, FALSE)

I notice that at run time, sometimes the tag will go from tag "#1" as declared to something like this:
    tag "#1[1]" in one instance, and then tag #1[2]" in another.

Not exactly sure what is going on here at run time when it does that. Maybe someone else could help out with that.

------------------
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
    --Donald Knuth
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.
    --Donald Knuth