JCC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closing unexpected Dialogs

Hi

I'm writing a test case for a standard window application where I type in "random" numbers and look them up. Under certain circumstances I get an error message. These I just want to close as they are expected! I have made a window declaration for some of the error message dialogs and I know I can just use a Window.exists to check if some of them appears.

E.g.

[-] if (NotFound.Exists (5))
    [ ] NotFound.OK.Click ()

This is however cumbersome if I have to do this for all the expected error messages.
    Is there some other way to easily close all error dialogs and then continue with the script?

By the way for some reason silk test always return an error if I try to use the GetActive method? Any idea why? I am using Win 2000 so the method should be supported

Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Closing unexpected Dialogs

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JCC:

Is there some other way to easily close all error dialogs and then continue with the script?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Take a look at SetTrap(). While extremely limited, it is effective in closing dialogs that you can readily identify.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>
    By the way for some reason silk test always return an error if I try to use the GetActive method?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are a number of possibilities here. Can you show us an example and and error message you receive?

John

------------------