SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a good way to handle FlyOuts on Web pages.

I'm currently building a script for a site that uses FlyOuts (objects that appear after mouse is moved over the main objects). The recorder does not see these sublinks until they are envoked. Does anyone have any ideas on how to work around this? I need to verify that these links exist and work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Looking for a good way to handle FlyOuts on Web pages.

Do a MoveMouse to position the mouse over the main object and then the Exists method to check if the objects are in view. From there you should be able to click on them. As an aside question...are these objects created via JavaScript or are they using Flash?

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advise, I'll let you know how it works out. The fly outs are done with Javascript.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smooth,

Aside from the fact that I love the ID "SmoothAsSilk" (very creative!), the previous web project I automated used JavaScript in the same way. I found that I could hand code declarations for the objects rather than use the recorder. It worked well so long as I was able to determine what type of object was being rendered by the JavaScript. You might give that a try in addition to James' suggestions above.

I wish you well with this!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DJGray:
    Smooth,

Aside from the fact that I love the ID "SmoothAsSilk" (very creative!), the previous web project I automated used JavaScript in the same way. I found that I could hand code declarations for the objects rather than use the recorder. It worked well so long as I was able to determine what type of object was being rendered by the JavaScript. You might give that a try in addition to James' suggestions above.

I wish you well with this!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I've had similar experience and would agree with these posts.

I ended up declaring the links from the flyouts by hand in my windows declaration file. Some of them came out as HtmlText, so I changed them to HtmlLinks. I would then do a click() on the area that caused the flyout to appear, then I would select the links in the flyout. It's time consuming, but it works.

------------------
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
    --Donald Knuth
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.
    --Donald Knuth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MoveMouse idea seems to be getting the job done. Thanks everyone for your advise!!!