User Tag List

USB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SetActive() not always working remotely

You are fine with just the agent running remotely. Are u running the scripts using set up in the settings..
    Or you write code inside to use the remote agent? If you are using the connect statement, all the make sure that your setactive () function follows that remote agent.

------------------
    <H6>Usbabu</H6>
    --Seshu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SetActive() not always working remotely

I have a problem with the SetActive() function when I run it on a remote machine in order to set active the main window of an application.
    I get the follwoing error message:
    [ ] *** Error: Window '[JavaMainWin]Radar simulation Simulator Properties viewer' was not found
    [ ] Occurred in SetActive

However it will work on the console window of that application... (remotely)

I have no problem with the SetActive() function when I try it locally.

Anyone has been through this ?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to mention that only the silktest agent is installed on the remote machine, I did not installed the whole package... should I ?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No matter where you run from, the Silk Dev Environment "talks" to the agent, passing it instructions whether that is local or remote. The agent does all the work, so command X should be command X whether it is here or there. Where it gets tricky is knowing what machine is connected to and active. Look for something funky in the code around connect and setactive statements. Set some break points and step through those areas observing the remote machine very closely for any misbehavior.

[This message has been edited by DJGray (edited 04-10-2003).]