SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Record Actions…/Testcases…

I would like some explanations regarding the following problems:Record Actions.../ Testcases (Silk 5.0.3):
    - there are situations when it's recommended (I think that they are not imposed) to use these facilities? Or it's recommended only for better speed of achievment and modifying of testcases. I read in SilkTest documentation, that testcases created with these instruments are executed much faster, not doing some testing (because of the type of recording informations about objects)
    - Which is the cause, that the recording becomes slower and slower and at given moment it even blocks ("system's resorces are low", can be excluded because I worked on Pentium IV at 2Ghz, 512 MB DDRAM; event though the computer blocked some time later than on another one at 800 Mhz, and 256Mb memory). Are there any parameters that should be set in Silk before using these facilities?

Thanks everyone.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Record Actions…/Testcases…

Record/Actions is Segue's attempt to help new users be at-least somewhat productive from the beginning. Experienced users don't use it except to see what Silk might do in odd circumstances.

Direct 4Test code is far more efficient than the capture/playback sphagetti that results from overly dependent use of Record/Actions.

The difficulty most users run into however is that all the tool vendors only provide the basic raw materials necessary to obtain efficiency of operation, but not the architecture. In other words, all of the critically important craftsmanship to gain efficiency and reduce maintenance is left up to you.

Recording operations with Silk 5.0.3 was very inefficient. You must work verrry slowly with it. Newer versions are far better.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Record Actions…/Testcases…

Thank you John,

You are in the right, but I wanted to obtain very fast efficiency of operations using the all tools of the vendors.
    I am not exactly a novice in SilkTest, but I need to know that thing from a stager user in Silk.

------------------