SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WebFrame Objects

Hi,
    Recently I tried some Frame pages to identify controls by SilkTest. But SilkTest identifies combobox as HtmlPopuplist and it couldn't identify the textboxes. Could anybody face the same pbm...? How can I identify objects correctly...? My ST version is 5.0.3

------------------
    Thanks & Regards,
    Palani.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Palani.
    http://tips-testing.blogspot.com/index.html
    Quote: Donít hesitate to initiate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: WebFrame Objects

Yes I remember having the same problem with 5.0.3. and got this fixed by having the HTML modified.

I think, if I remember correctly you will find the size attribute in the HTML is missing for the combobox - and 5.0.3 needs this to identify that the object is a combobox.

The product I was working on was using XSL, so it was fixed by asking the XSL developer to include the size attribute.

If it's not size then it must be something else, as it's been a couple of years since I had this.

I may have posted it on here, if you can find it.

------------------