SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something makes SilkTest unable to see IE5.5 with Browser.Exists()

I work in QA for a web portal application. I've needed to do some real rewriting of a suite of scripts that I've been using for some time, so now that the latest release is going out I have some time to dig into the big revisions.

I copied the whole thing into a separate directory and renamed whatever I needed to so that things would work from there, and I find that I've done something that makes the browser ... invisible is all I can think of to say.

In my testcaseEnter() method, I start out with a check to see if the browser is currently open, so I can close it and then Invoke() it to start the testcase fresh. Even with a browser open on the screen in front of me, the code goes right by it to the next statements. When it gets to Browser.Invoke(), it stalls for the 60 second timeout and then closes the testcase.

I've looked all through the optionset for clues as to what I've turned off or disconnected or what. If I go back to the "real" scripts they run fine. When I return to the new directory and the scripts under revision -- can't find the Browser.

Using SilkTest 5.5.3, IE 5.5

I did have to change the UseFile and UsePath values in the optionset, and changed the "use: " statement in the frame.inc to point to my methods.inc file, but I don't think I changed anything else. The Options|Extensions still shows IEDOM for the IE 5 option.

I sure hope this is a simple overlooktion.

Thanks

F

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Something makes SilkTest unable to see IE5.5 with Browser.Exists()

You have likely already done this, but check the Extensions under the Start/.../SilkTest menu as well.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Something makes SilkTest unable to see IE5.5 with Browser.Exists()

Yes, I did.

But I found the problem now, and I just can't believe I let this happen. I opened the optionset for the experimental directory where I'm developing my ideas in a text editor, and opened the regular "good" optionset and carefully compared. Well, I found that the Runtime Option

DefaultBrowser=explorer5_DOM

was somehow set to

DefaultBrowser=explorer5

I didn't change it knowingly, but there it was, and when I changed it back, it works fine.

Embarrassing -- learning curve balls.

------------------