SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Object identification

Hi,
    I have recorded a login functionality by using SilkTest.

[-] testcase LoginAdmin () appstate none
    [-] recording
    [ ] Explorer.BrowserChild("SecureTransport Server Administration Login").SetActive ()
    [ ] Explorer.BrowserChild("SecureTransport Server Administration Login").Click (1, 322, 221)
    [ ] Explorer.BrowserChild("SecureTransport Server Administration Login").TypeKeys ("admin")
    [ ] Explorer.BrowserChild("SecureTransport Server Administration Login").Click (1, 334, 247)
    [ ] Explorer.BrowserChild("SecureTransport Server Administration Login").TypeKeys ("admin")
    [ ] Explorer.BrowserChild("SecureTransport Server Administration Login").HtmlText("Log In").Click (1, 27, 9)

I don't know, why Silktest couldn't be able to recognize login button in web page...?

------------------
    Thanks & Regards,
    Palani.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Palani.
    http://tips-testing.blogspot.com/index.html
    Quote: Donít hesitate to initiate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Object identification

The power of Silktest is it's OO Frame work that "Must" be build before automating an application. The second power is it's dynamic programming language that allows for fluid scripts that can handle changing situations.

Do some reading on the Frame file. Learn how to write vs record your scripts.

The last thing is to get up to date on your silktest version. 5.03 is getting pretty dated. It may not work well with newer browsers.

------------------

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blacst:
    The power of Silktest is it's OO Frame work that "Must" be build before automating an application. The second power is it's dynamic programming language that allows for fluid scripts that can handle changing situations.

Do some reading on the Frame file. Learn how to write vs record your scripts.

The last thing is to get up to date on your silktest version. 5.03 is getting pretty dated. It may not work well with newer browsers.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi,
    Thanks a lot for your reply. I accepted the OO framework. But it is not needed to give everytime like &lt;parent window.parent object.child object&gt;.
    Another thing is while using silktest, It put no of constants or variables automatically without my knowledge. After recording it creates one inc file(frame.inc) and one test script (loginadmin.t). Also i noted another file as "extend\explorer.inc" in userfiles. I confused with these much files.
    Could you pls explain a bit about dynamic programming...?

------------------
    Thanks & Regards,
    Palani.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Palani.
    http://tips-testing.blogspot.com/index.html
    Quote: Donít hesitate to initiate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really need to record your own frame file/include file. Open your application and SilkTest. With the app under test open, go to Silk's Record meun and select Window Declarations.

Capture the declarations with the Ctrl - Alt keystroke and paste those declarations into your include file. Now, open those declarations and edit the "window identifiers" so they are easily recognizable. I guarantee you there is an HtmlButton in there tagged "Log In". You can click that button by name, but without a solid include file behind your work you are headed for a lot of frustrating code work and maintenance.

------------------