Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HtmlPushButton in a layer

Hi all,

I'm using SilkTest 6.0.0.1 (4) with IE 6.0 on Windows XP pro.

In the html page (view source), this button is in a DIV (layer) method. When I launch my testcase, Silk find this button, set the focus on this but it is not able to do the click operation. If I edit the html page and that I remove DIV, all works fine.

Does anyone have a solution? Any help will be greatly appreciate.

Thanks,
    Marc

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HtmlPushButton in a layer

...just a clarification is DIV a custom tag

------------------
    -gram
    -gram

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DIV is an Html tag that defines a "division" in a doc.

Defines a division of a document's body.

Syntax

<div align=value>
    </div>

where value is left right or center.

No idea why removing this allows click access to the button. Since you can set focus, can you use the typekeys method with the spacebar to press the button?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks DJ for the precision.

Yes I tried the typekeys method. I also tried click, click with position, presskeys and releasekeys. I have even tried to modify the click method in htmlpage.inc but without success.

I don't have any other ideas to solve this problem (

I will send the case to Segue and if I obtain a satisfactory response, I will put it on this forum.

Thanks to all

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you record action and move your cursor over the pushbutton, did you see the flash rectangle around the pushbutton?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Belkin,

Yes I see it

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Click on that button and record your action. Then replay it, see if it works.

Just for clarification. So you are saying that
    BrowserPage.Button("yourButton").SetFocus() works.
    Then you should just do a BrowserPage.TypeKeys("<Enter>")

I know it's not beautiful but it will work. If you are worried, use Desktop.TypeKeys.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DJGray:
    DIV is an Html tag that defines a "division" in a doc.

Defines a division of a document's body.

Syntax

&lt;div align=value&gt;
    &lt;/div&gt;

where value is left right or center.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are there any additional settings/configurations to do in SilkTest when it cannot see these div/html tags?
    Record Windows Declarations sees the HtmlText, HtmlImage in Tabs, for example, and developer said that underneath each tab is a div or span which are not seen by SilkTest. The whole area is almost occupied by the HtmlText (which represents the tab label) and the left/right boundaries are showing as HtmlImage. Is there something I can ask the developer to change so SilkTest will see the divs?

Thanks.
    Gilbert

PS.
    In addition, (I have not seen any web app like this before) the app we will be testing shows almost all BrowserChild with a tag "Left" if it is the only BrowserChild on the screen or "Right" if it is on the right side of a split screen. If another screen is invoked, this BrowserChild that has the tag "Right" gets put on the left side of the split screen and SilkTest is showing that its tag is now "Left" while the other one on the right side (different BrowserChild) is showing the tag "Right".

How would you handle this situation in your Windows Declaration?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DJGray,

Thanks! Your solution sounds better than using the location (x,y coordinates of each tab).

Does your AUT also have those split screens that carries the tags "LEFT" and "RIGHT" for each BrowserChild? Our developer already admitted that he didn't do it right for version 1 and that he'll start using the captions next time to uniquely identify each BrowserChild. For now, we are stuck on SilkTest showing the tag "Left" for whatever BrowserChild is displayed on the left pane and "Right" for the one displayed on the right pane of the split screen. In short, you are working on ScreenA carrying the tag "Right", you click on a button that invokes another BrowserChild, ScreenB, and it pops up on the right pane, now ScreenA has the tag "Left", as seen by SilkTest. A good candidate for using a CreateTag() method as its tag, right?

Thanks again!
    Gilbert

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilbert,

The "purist" in me often wants to get the code to drive my automated testing the way it "should" do so, but the pragmatist in me says it is a good thing there are about a dozen ways to accomplish any given task.

What you have is fairly similar to the web app our team is automating right now. We have several "links" and "tabs" that Silk is not able to properly identify. What we have done to get around this is create a ClickMenu and ClickTab function where we get a RECT on what Silk IS able to see and then click in the middle of that RECT.

It isn't the "pure" way to accomplish it, but it is working beautifully. You can do this same thing with the HtmlText and HtmlImage objects you have within the DIV and /DIV tags.

------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast