User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GetCloseWindows() : Error Child Not found,Internal Error in Agent

Hi,
    Running Java1.2.2 application on NT4.0, SilkTest 5.0.2.
    Has anyone seen this error? The error occurs when SilkTest tries to put application in DefaultBaseState(). I have the login window for my application and invoke() method takes care of it. Also, after the application is started,I am expanding a tree in it, hence I have, the BaseState() method. I have set up the lwLeaveOpen appropriately, to keep the intented dialogbox alongwith main application open.
    Now, while the application is shutdown I say run the DefaultBaseState from SilkTest menu. Note that I always run the DefaultBaseState when the application is shutdown. If I do it repeatedly, sometimes it returns above error, sometimes it successfully puts application to default base state. This bothers me, if it fails, then it should fail all the times, but it fails intermitantly. There is no documentation available as to when the GetCloseWindows() in the defaults.inc returns above error.
    Please help!
    -Kishor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: GetCloseWindows() : Error Child Not found,Internal Error in Agent

I have seen this problem before. In my case the problem was that SilkTest was getting ahead of itself.

Here's what happened to me. At the end of a test I had code to close the dialogs I was using. The problem was that the dialogs were kind of slow to close. SilkTest, in the process of cleaning up at the end of the testcase, had constructed a list of windows to close and it included the dialog I had already closed in the list. However, when it went to close the dialog, it was already gone, and that triggered the error.

The solution in my case was to either leave everything open and let SilkTest close it all, or put in a sleep at the end of the testcase to give the windows a chance to close before the recovery system starts enumerating the open windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen this fairly often. Usually, it happens when you're not patient enough and close windows yourself, which SilkTest has already placed on a list to be closed. When it can't find the window it thinks should be there, it errors. If you want to override how SilkTest closes windows, define a TestCaseExit function, which checks for and closes the problem window, then calls DefaultTestCaseExit (). This function can be used to modify the default behavior at the conclusion of each test case.

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply. My java application opens a login window, for username, password then the welcome window which goes by itself. I think this Welcome winodw causing the trouble.
    As a workaround, I tried to put the Welcome window in lwLeaveOpen, but still the problem is seen sometimes. I shall also put login window also into the lwLeaveOpen. I hope that may fix my problem. Am I going in right way?