User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Error: Unable to save IniFile

Hello,

I get the following: "Error: Unable to save IniFile" on an NT Server virtual machine running ST 5.5.3. Basically the script is trying to create an .ini file to continue on with a series of tests. I opened the permissions on the C drive to 'Everyone | Full Control', I can easily create the file manually, and I'm logged in as the administrator. I've looked at the past threads and I didn't see any (based on their headlines) that specifically addressed this issue. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the permissions on some level, but I believe I've taken care of that potential problem.

Any information/ideas would be greatly welcomed, thank you!

Peace,

Sam

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Error: Unable to save IniFile

Strange coincidence, but I got the same error this morning, running a script that worked yesterday. Also strange was the Ini file could be opened and writing to it worked, it was just the close that failed, and there was nothing suspicious about the file. Stumped, I shut down the machine then turned it back on and the problem was gone. Might not solve your problem, but worth a shot.

------------------
    Adam Kuczkowski
    akuczkowski@frametech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Error: Unable to save IniFile

This is getting really odd. I'm also having the same problem but with ST 6.0 SP1. I run the .t file from the command line...and some of my code has calls to open an ini file and make modifications and save it. ST dies on trying to save the modified ini file. The strange thing is...I run the .t file from within the ST development and everything is fine.

Anyone else seeing this problem.

------------------