SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk Test-Recording and playing back right click(context) menu

I tried to use Silk to record right clicking of mouse to invoke context menu and then clicking a menu item therein in a VB application.

While playing back,Silk stops after invoking the context menu.

Could anybody suggest some workaround to the problem above.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Silk Test-Recording and playing back right click(context) menu

I have no suggestions for your problem.
    I suspect you'll get better and quicker advice if you ask product-specific questions like this one in the product-specific forum below.

From the FAQs:
    "FAQ4: I have a question related to a specific tool, e.g. Winrunner, Robot,
    QARun, etc

Specific questions related to specific tools are to be posted under the relevant tool forum.
    Scroll down on the main qaforums page and you will find forums for most all the major tools on the market.
    Please post specific tool questions in the relevant tool forum, as this is a general automated testing discussion forum."

------------------
    - Joe (strazzerjATaolDOTcom)

[This message has been edited by jstrazzere (edited 03-07-2003).]
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk Test-Recording and playing back right click(context) menu

A slightly less hostile response:
    Silk Test grinds to a halt fairly often on awkward things like right mouse clicks/context menu. Try looking at some of the other tools out there. TestSmith from qualityforge.com is looking good right now. It was able to succeed in many cases where Silk Test failed. And scripts need minimum tweaking to play back successfully. Not bad for a beta product that is currently free.

------------------