SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can\'t find window in a testscript....

I am running a testscript which spawns a window to pop-up, now i have used the record window declarations in silk to capture the window tag and control objects. When i run the testscript a window is invoked and when i do an Exists on the window, it always comes up false. Now i ran another testcase that would invoke the window, then i did a desktop.GetChildren to see all the windows up on the desktop, and it reconizes the window, but with a totaly different tag, and with none of the control objects that should be part of the window... Has anyone has seen this type of behavior with silk???

------------------

Can you post the declarations for:

1. the window from which the pop up was spawned (its parent, in other words)

public winclass CReturnManager : VBMDIForm
    {
    //-------------------------
    // Window Declarations
    //-------------------------

tag "*Return Manager";
    parent ATX;

2. the initial popup record/declaration capture and

public winclass CPrintMarkedClientLabels : VBForm
    {
    multitag "Print Marked Client Address Labels"
    {
    "$MessageBox"
    }
    parent ATX;

3. the GetChildren() call results for the popup?

Print (PrintClientLabels.Exists()); = False

------------------

[This message has been edited by RCyr (edited 03-06-2003).]
    N+ CNA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Can\'t find window in a testscript....

Can you post the declarations for:

1. the window from which the pop up was spawned (its parent, in other words)

2. the initial popup record/declaration capture and

3. the GetChildren() call results for the popup?

We only need to see the "window [class] [name]" line, and the parent and tag lines (delete the rest for brevity).

Silk's window identification is very flexible (tags and parentage) to accommodate direct or indirect communication with any window. For example: two or more record/declaration captures can either be merged to support indirect parent.child.method calls or left separate to support direct parent.method and child.method calls.

John

------------------