SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Set of edit fields not recognized after recording, values placed into 1st of 7 boxes

In my powerbuilder aut there are a few sets of editfields that are recorded as this. Notice that each has a unique tag id ( which is the powerbuilder name of that field ). My problem comes when I try to record and play back the created script. First, the recognized objects,
    Then, when I record actions the following code is generated :

Here is the funny part, the code will recog the first field, will place in the text for it, but when it comes to any of the following fields it will continue to replace the value in the first field, without advancing to that object. I have also tried setfocus() to the next object without success.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Set of edit fields not recognized after recording, values placed into 1st of 7 boxes

Compile the test. Then use Record/Identifier and move the mouse cursor over each field to verify the assigned label. Does it show Cond1, Cond2 ... ?

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Set of edit fields not recognized after recording, values placed into 1st of 7 boxes

After compiling and using the record/identifiers the objects are still being referenced as they should, with Cond1, Cond2, Cond3, etc.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which line of code is line 72 identified in the error message above?

The first line of code sets a value without having a current row set. Been awhile since I worked with a PB app, but could be that if you put this line in front of your code. At least this would probably be the first thing I would try:

ExamEntryUB92.Dw_clm_ub92_hdr_cond_cd.SetCurrentRo w (1)

Jay

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for cutting this short, but I found a workaround that will solve my immediate need. Thanks for the help although.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want to post what the workaround was for posterity's sake?

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com