SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TestPlanExit() is executed after every testcase

I seem to be running into a problem with the TestPlanExit() function that I defined. It looks like this function is being called after I get failures in a test case defined in a test plan. For example, the first three or four test cases pass and the function TestPlanExit() is never called. I then get an error and every test case after the error now calls TestPlanExit(), it doesn't matter if the test case passes or not.

TestPlanExit should only run after the testplan has completed running all tests? At least I think that is the expected behaviour. Any ideas? Here is the code

I thought TestPlanExit is

------------------

[This message has been edited by Joe_v (edited 02-21-2003).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: TestPlanExit() is executed after every testcase

Sounds like a bug. I reported another bug with TestPlanExit not being called at the end of a testplan if the last testcase is manual. I would make sure you report this so it can be fixed in the next release.

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I've been struggling with it most of the day. I will call Segue. The frustrating thing is that I couldn't find a way to debug the test plan. I wanted to do a step through and check the call stack and see when TestPlanExit was being called but I couldn't figure out how to do it. New feature request - Debugging test plans.

The reason its important to me is that I send an email after the test plan has been completed. What's happening now is that I get an email after each test case is completed. That's a lot of emails :-).

I guess a workaround is to make the last test case in my plan call the sendmail function. Any other ideas?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Joe,

Can you give me a little insight on how do we send mails notification/pass-fail report after the execution of test plan.

thanx.. in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Joe,

Can you give me a little insight on how do we send mails notification/pass-fail report after the execution of test plan.

thanx.. in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>The frustrating thing is that I couldn't find a way to debug the test plan. I wanted to do a step through and check the call stack and see when TestPlanExit was being called but I couldn't figure out how to do it. New feature request - Debugging test plans.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've requested this a couple of times. Maybe if enough people request it, they'll do something about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Can you give me a little insight on how do we send mails notification/pass-fail report after the execution of test plan
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use a command line utility called gbmail. There are others such as Blat. Call it in TestPlanExit()

------------------

[This message has been edited by TonyM (edited 02-24-2003).]

Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't you put some print statements in DefaultTestPlanExit and DefaultTestCaseExit in defaults.inc, or override them and stick whatever debug you need in your own versions?

------------------
    Tempus fugit, Carpe Diem, et al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you can but the point is, you shouldn't have to. We should be able to launch the debugger from within a plan.

------------------