User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

silk test new user questions

Hi There I am new to Silk Test, and I have a couple of Q's

I am working on making reusable scripts and have started recoring and runnign scripts,
    however i notice that the fact that I am selecting items with mouse clicks it is hard to change the
    selection to say another item in a list and bring up a details window on them? Is there a way to make a selection of
    a drop down for example without using a click method?

Also, data driven testing? Is this based on sample data I create and enter in to a db/exelsheet/txt file?

or does it mean can I take data from the oracle databsae that is behind our vb app?

maybe it means both?

I'd be very greatful for any help

------------------
    Catormo
    Catormo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: silk test new user questions

Cat,

Go to the help menu and select the Library Browser. Then go to the Methods tab. Here you will find all the different objects Silk interacts with. Find the Popup(drop down) you are working with and select it. In the right frame you will get a list of all the different actions you can perform on that object type. If you check the "include inherited" checkbox, you'll see inherited methods as well.

As to your oracle database, Silk has strong SQL support built right in, so you should be able to access that database and manipulate it as needed.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the data drvien question...The new data driven workflow can be used with an Oracle database too....

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To work with oracle you approach it the same way as you would excel or .txt file. Only make sure that the connectivity works and database is registered properly in Control Panel/ODBC.

------------------
    Jaimini Bhatt
    jaiminita@hotmail.com
    jaiminita@yahoo.com
    Jaimini Bhatt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For selecting any item from the menu you can even use key combination also. That will be more robust then capturing mouse location.

------------------