SPONSORS:

User Tag List

SilkBeanInputThread: IOException null

Hi all ,

I am trying to connect silk bean running on Linux box from the windows machine. It shows me proper message for connection i.e
    " Connected Server Socket addr[IP & port]"
    but after that it gives me some message like " Message Request ID = some number".
    I am also getting IOException null.

If some one can describe the complete process of testing any java application along with some code that will be of great help to me.

Thanks in advance

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkBeanInputThread: IOException null

I think you will get better feedback if you were to post the code you are using to drive your test. You have obviously made the connection to the bean. You are getting the expected message that the bean and Silk IDE are communicating, so that part is fine. Post your code and see what you can scare up here on the forum.

------------------

Thanks DJ for your response. I will send the code soon. I want to get some insight on the registration of the application under test in the Silkbean.
    One more thing I wanted to ask is that what could be the possible reason for error " could not find segue/Server/Silkbean class" while starting bean. My all the jar files are placed in the proper dir. and i am using the proper version also.

Thanks once again for your response.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been a couple of years sinced I used the bean, so this is sketchy, but what you are describing in your last post sounds hauntingly familiar. I recall there were certain situations where we had to call the bean using the full "java package" name rather than calling just the class itself.

I don't recall what made the difference, but sometimes we needed to call it with the full java segue.server.SilkBean and other times it seeme sufficient to call java SilkBean.

Sorry if that isn't much help.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks DJ, finally issue got resolved I can capture the GUI on the Unix and use them in the script. The another problem that i am facing is how do we execute 'SYS_' commands on the Unix platform or how do we start ex ecution of shell script on the Unix.
    Thnanx in advance.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, the time lapse has my memory incomplete in this area. I do recall that not all commands available to the agent are available to the bean, and, more importantly, many of the SYS commands you will find in 4Test are Windows specific. They will NOT work on Unix/Linux. This is usually stated explicitly in the Language Reference.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[ [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how did u solve this issue???