We are trying to automate a Swing application using Silk Test 5.0.3 and found that the controls & objects in the window are not recognized.
Here are the details of the application we are testing:
- SWING 1.0.3
- JDK 1.1.7
- Third party grid control from Roguewave
- The IDE "Symantec Visual Cafe Professional Edition v3.0" has been used for development (will this matter ?!).
- Uses Visibroker 4.5.1 for CORBA components.
- Would SilkTest v6.0 be suitable for automating the above application testing ?.
- Does SilkTest come with any 'add-ons' (Extension Kit is what we have heard of) to overcome the above issues ?
Version 6.0 has one or two bugs in it. For instance you lose injection if you touch menuitems. Segue have actually resolved this issue (I have tried a build) but it will probably be a few months or so before it has passed through their QA system.
What really matters is that the correct SilkTest jar file is in the classpath when invoking your application. Either adjust your classpath or put the relevent jar file in the lib/ext directory of the jre.
In your case the relevent jar file would be SilkTest_Java1.jar
Then double check the extensions dialog:
options -> extensions.
Only the Java Application's java checkbox should be checked.
You might also want to have a look at the SetSwingVersion method.
[This message has been edited by johntest (edited 02-18-2003).]