SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question on the ClickCell method and it\'s arguments?

I have a JavaJFCTable that when you click in the cell it will place a little red ball. This has some meaning to the customer.

But if I use a call like
    it seems to cause a click on the edge of the cell which is close enough to occasionally cause a click event to be registered in the next cell up as well. I know this is a defect in the application and has been registered as such but they defered it because they don't want to fix it.

In the help file it mentions the optional arguments of iXpos and iYpos. These are coordinates relative to the cell in which to click. With the default being 0. This leads me to belive that moving away from the default might fix the issue for the tests. But the question is what values are being used as corrdinates? pixels or something else?

The other question is that when I attempted to experiment I got an error when I used the following change to the code.

According to the help file, the arguments should be, the cell which is the first two variables. The next argument is an optional mouse button. In order to keep its place I defined it as 1. The next two should be the x and y corrdinates. I am not sure where they are getting this "1 is not a valid boolean argument" thing?

------------------

[This message has been edited by blacst (edited 02-13-2003).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Question on the ClickCell method and it\'s arguments?

I'm not sure about your second problem (I read the method description and didn't see anything about a boolean argument either), but we had an issue with our AUT similar to what you're dealing with in your first problem. Our solution was to override the Click() method so we could specify relative coordinates based on the position of the object and avoid clicking on 0,0

-Greg
    Greg
    ATX II, LLC
    You wrote [i]what</I] in 4Test?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Question on the ClickCell method and it\'s arguments?

If you get a rect on the cell, you can add to the x/y coords. I've always assumed they were pixels. Never really thought to ask the question, but I use RECT at some point in almost every script, and I habitually add three to five "pixels" to every click so I set my click point a little to the right and a little down assuring me that the click will occur ON the object rather than beside it.

------------------