User Tag List

Thread: Recovery System

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recovery System

I have an application where the main window is a VBMDIForm. When the application opens for the first time, it has a picture in that form. After opening the application, the picture form can be replaced by 3 other types of forms. You can only see one form at a time in the main application widnow. After opening any one of these forms, the application never lets you go back to the picture form until you close and re-open the application. All the remaining windows can be opened on top of one of these 3 forms i.e. any of the 3 forms will be in the background of those windows. Also, there will be one form active in the main application window all the time.

I need to write a recovery system for this application.

I can close this application fine in a separate test case. But, after running a testcase that doesn't close the application, default recovery system/DefaultBaseState kicks in and tries to close the active form window and thinks that it has to close this form before closing the application and doesn't succeed.

Any suggestions on how to handle this situation? Any help will be much appreciated.

------------------
    DJ

[This message has been edited by djava (edited 02-13-2003).]

DJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Recovery System

Create a Close method in the window declaration that contains the logic that needs to be followed to close the app correctly. Then the recovery system will use that method instead.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply.

I have added a close method in every window including all the forms and the main window. But now I get following warning in all my testcases, even though the testcases pass except in the CloseApp testcase.

[ ] *** Warning: DefaultBaseState is closing AppName windows.

Any idea why?

------------------
    DJ

DJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GetCloseWindows is being called in the recovery system. Try adding the windows that are not supposed to be closed in the lwLeaveOpen variable in the frame file.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks you very much James. This helps a lot. I really appreciate your help.

------------------
    DJ

DJ