Thread: SilkTest & Java

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest & Java

Hello all,
    I am facing a problem with WR's lack of possibility to support and even identify the objects of a Java application that I am supposed to test. The aplication was written using AFC (application foundation classes, and was developed on MS J++1.1) WR does not support this Java method.
    The Java applicaiton I am testing is not web based.
    Does SilkTEst support this Jva applicaiton regarding on how it was created?

Thank-you,
    LIOR

------------------
    If it's working... don't touch it!
    If it's working... don't touch it!

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest & Java

Yes, SilkTest has excellent Java support... The only drawback is stability sometimes... You may get a crash every once in a while unless you reboot your Java Application ever few test cases... My recommendation is to reboot your AUT every 10 test cases or so. This will make the test suite run much smoother and weed out any stability issues.

------------------
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest & Java

SilkTest can handle the restarting of the AUT automatically too. This way you don't even have to write extra code for it. Drop me an e-mail and I'll get you started with an eval.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com