Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dealing with a 3rd party control method that returns an object

Two ways to go about it:
    1 - Read an article on how to do it:
    <A HREF="http://customers.segue.com/protected/bronze/s_newsletter/0009/jamesso/testing_compound_controls_with_silktest.doc" TARGET=_blank>Segue@Work
    </A>

2 - Get a class from someone that has already created one:
    <A HREF="http://www.ameliortech.com/services/products/amelior.asp" TARGET=_blank>See: Infragistics Grid
    </A>

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dealing with a 3rd party control method that returns an object

You are a lifesaver, sir! That CompoundControl class was *exactly* what I was looking for.

-Greg

------------------
    Greg
    ATX II, LLC
    You wrote [i]what</I] in 4Test?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dealing with a 3rd party control method that returns an object

Greetings all! I'm writing a winclass for a grid (the Sheridan DataGrid to be exact) and I've run into a bump. We're all familiar with grids and how they contain rows, columns and cells, right? Well this grid's currently active cell is an object. So in order to retrieve the text of the active cell, I have to have an object associated with the active cell. Like this...

Noting that the Grid is an object (defined by a winclass) and the Cell is an object (what I'm trying to figure out how to do).

The Grid class has a method that returns an object (PINTERFACE) called ActiveCell. So, I'm thinking that I should be able to define a winclass for the Cell object and somehow instantiate the cell object based on the return of the ActiveCell method of the grid. This should, in turn, expose the Text property of the cell object which is, in turn, a part of the Grid object.

I'm sure someone has come across this before. How do you handle nested ActiveX objects? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

-Greg
    Greg
    ATX II, LLC
    You wrote [i]what</I] in 4Test?!?