User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issues with dot(.) in use \'filename\' statement

Hi,
    It is great to have AutoComplete, Intellisense technology with the SilkTest.
    But it is causing troubles and crashes in partner.exe some times.

whenever I place . in use statement such as use "xyzincludefile.", it looks like SilkTest is trying to link. Is there any reason why SilkTest do linking when we use . in use statement.

It is even crashing Partner.exe when I wrote like use "winper.inc" where winper is an include file. We searched in whole include files of program files\segue\silktest for any reserve word. And no window is defined with the name "winper".

My point is if there is no specific reason, then SilkTest should not worry of linking to something when dot(.) is used in use statement.

Thanks

------------------
    Murali K Parepalli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Issues with dot(.) in use \'filename\' statement

Don't know why it is 'crashing' on you. That's bad. However, it is not just in the use statement. Try the same thing with a comment. Type // this is a period. This is another one.

You'll get the same behavior.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried both of these using version 6.0.0.1 (4)using a Win2K box and I could not reproduce this in a .T or a .INC file. What version are you both using?

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I frequently have crashed SilkTest 6.0 because of this feature. We use an extensive framework and I think sometimes the AutoComplete code gets confused. It still appears to be buggy (to me). I've found that some of the crash circumstances have involved AutoComplete when duplicate declarations are defined but I'm not positive.

Every time I type a dot in my code, this triggers the AutoComplete and I hold my breath and hope there is no crash...
    Maybe some folks don't see it because they have a less complex framework of files than others do...

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All,
    I do agree with nbonfilio, that Silk might be confusing with something else because of our framework or something else in SilkTest itself. I have the latest version of Silk Test(SilkTest 6.0.0.1(5)). OS is W2K. I hope segue is going to fix the issues with AutoComplete feature. So that it can be used where it is required.

Anymore suggestions are welcome,

Thanks,

[This message has been edited by aspmurali (edited 02-12-2003).]
    _ _ ___________ _ _
    Murali K Parepalli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also using patch (5) on Win2k with a very complex framework. There are several oddities like this with Silk 6.0. This new release is pretty slick and I like it, but it has some challenges as well. The problem is, just as Jame could not reproduce this, neither can Segue. If you can't reproduce the failure, it is terribly difficult to provide a fix for it.

I frequently (4-5 times a day) see another issue where I enter debug mode and cannot set breakpoints. I have to stop and restart Silk. Then I can set them. Again, Segue cannot reproduce this, so there is really no way for them to fix it.

Again, I have one machine that, for whatever reason, does not show ANY help topics for anything related to the HTML classes. No one knows why this is...

Just some odd things in 6.0...

------------------