SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can\'t setactive when PC locked

I'm trying to run an overnight regression test suite on XP using Task Scheduler and Silk's CLI.

This runs fine if the PC is unlocked, but if it has become locked (due to using Remote Desktop to save me the walk across the office, for instance) Silk cannot make the main window active.

Am I stuck with this (it doesn't matter a great deal, because I am going to move the PC to my desk soon anyway - but I hate not knowing)?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Can\'t setactive when PC locked

My understanding is that Silk has no more power than you or me.

As an alternative, you could use a free non-blocking interface like VNC (http://tightvnc.org) instead of Remote Desktop.

If you wanted to be really careful inside your scripts, you could set up a do...except inside a loop to test for the ability to set the window active periodically. You'd have to do it at every critical point (say at the beginning of each testcase) to avoid losing a lot of test time.

Something like (by hand, may take some cleanup) at the beginning of each testcase:
    I really think VNC is the way to go, though, if you can change your remote application. I've used VNC (TightVNC particularly) with great success on many machines, with Silktest running on both ends or one end or the other.

Good luck!

-TC
    --
    Tim Crone
    Broadcom