SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Silk doesn\'t recognize objects in Java applet running in IE6 on Win2K server...

I have seen many postings about configuring Silk for Java applets. I have done all of this but, I couldn't get it to work.

I have a Java applet that runs in IE6 on Win2K Server. Silk is not able to recognize the objects inside this applet. This applet doesn't use any Sun's JVMs. Instead it uses JIT compiler of IE JVM (you can enable this in Internet Options for IE). Silk recognizes the continer as JavaApplet but doesn't recognize anything inside the applet. Anyone experienced thie problem earlier?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk doesn\'t recognize objects in Java applet running in IE6 on Win2K server...

rkmani,

It's been several years since I did java testing with Silk, and I know this is going to sound like a "form letter" or a broken record, but with the testing of java anything with Silk when there are problems recognizing objects it is almost always always always that the SilkTest_Java#.jar file is not in the classpath. On one occasion I got so frustrated with this that I wrote a recursive routine that walked my hard drive and dropped that file in every stinking folder on the drive. I thought to myself "the file HAS to be in the classpath now!!" Sure enough, everthing started to work.

I am confident if you will focus all your energies on the classpath issue and make certain the correct jar file is there, then you should be fine.

------------------

Re: Silk doesn\'t recognize objects in Java applet running in IE6 on Win2K server...

Thanks DJ,

I could finally get it to work, but only on one machine. I couldn't get it to work on different machine even when I followed the same steps. May be after some more research I will be able to fix that also. Looks like there is no one solution for this kind of issue except keep debugging.

Thanks again.