SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest 6.0 and Java 1.4.x compatibility

SilkTest 6.0 is certified to work with "JDK 1.4" (according to release notes). Does anyone have experience trying it with JDK 1.4.1? If so, what problems - if any - did you uncover?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest 6.0 and Java 1.4.x compatibility

Got problems with 1.4. ST recognizes all objects in the app. However immediately after first action performed (Dialog box invoke from Menu) all objects are recognized as MainWin.
    There is no problem testing the same application built with JDK 1.3.1.

I searched through Segue KnowledgeBase database and could not find any answer to the problem.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not have any problem with jdk 1.4.1 but I have encountered the following issue testing the same application with jdk 1.4.2 : I am able to run a couple of testcases but after a while my java app is not recognized anymore.
    looks a bit like dhstern's issue except that I can run a few test before the recognition stops.

Anyone can help with this ? I run SilkTest 6.0.2
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our company has never had any reliable success using Silktest to test java apps (i.e. swing). From memory issues to Silk crashing, it was just a no go. I would suggest trying an open source tool such as Marathon that makes testing java swing apps much easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your MainWin pb may be due to silk ClassMapping any DialogBoxes/BrowserChilds as soon as you have toolbars in it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had some problems also with SilkTest and Java 1.4... but was able to overcome the issues with classpath tweeking. Also if you have multiple JRE's installed, and your not using them, uninstall and this seems to help in some cases. As with any testing tool and Java, this requires a little logic and a lot of patients..
    Also, remeber to use CatureAllClasses when trying to get stuborn controls to be recognized.