User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dynamically setting borderless table recognition

Background:

My recognition settings (in Options->Extensions...->Internet Explorer5.x [IE DOM] are set to 0.5.)

When I recorded my declarations for a page, I manually turned off recognition (unchecked "Table" checkbox in Dom Extensions). (I manually set it back to 0.5 when I finished)

So my include file for this page has no tables b/c it was recorded with 0, not 0.5

The rest of my include files use the default of 0.5

Therefore, as I navigate to this page in my test script, I need to dynamically update the setting to 0 (off) in order to interact with this page.

I'm using this command to turn off table recognition completey while I run the test script:

BrowserPage.SetUserOption ("ShowBorderlessTables",0,USEROPT_DEFAULT)

Unfortunately, the setting isn't working.

In using BrowserPage.GenerateDecl(), I found that at 0.5, I had 4 tables. When I changed my setting to 0 (zero), I had 2 tables.

This is better, but it is not the same result as when I manually set recognition to 0.

So, the problem:

I can't get this:
    BrowserPage.SetUserOption ("ShowBorderlessTables",0,USEROPT_DEFAULT)

to behave in the same way as turning off table recognition manually.

Is there anything I can do or any way to make this work dynamically?

The solution will save many hours of work down the road, so I am extremely greatful to the person or persons that can make it possible. Thanks for you time in helping with this effort!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dynamically setting borderless table recognition

Check out the following article on this topic:
    http://customers.segue.com/protected.../s_amelior.htm

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The article is interesting.

The "Show Me Everything" section mentions the use of generic place holders for parent objects.

The "Show Me Nothing" section is what I am really interested in.

Unfortunately, this section doesn't address how to do this dynamically with success.

The "Ghost Tables" section is primarly for exposing some tables, while Show Me Nothing is in place.

Is the suggestion to implement all declarations using Show Me Nothing, and then optionally expose the table I need using Ghost Tables?

Seems like it coiuld work, but was wondering if there is a more direct way (i.e. why doesn't SetUserOption work?)

Thanks again!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Davey,

Did you find a convenient way to deal with
    dynamically setting borderless table?

I have a dynamic web app and on some pages the tables are quite complicated and nested and the HtmlTable names in the .inc file change on me. All I need is a clean way to access the objects with those tables (HtmlCheckBox, HtmlText etc.) ... I don't care about the wrapping tables.

Thanks in advance,
    Liviu Pop.

------------------