SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xtreme toolkit menus

is anyone here familiar with the menubar that is created with xtreme toolkit(http://www.codejock.com/)?

For some reason all menus in my application, which uses the XT lib, are recognized as $popupstart. It makes it extremely difficult to use the menus. I wrote a function to get around this the first time, but now we are using a new version of the XT lib and my function no longer works.

in a nutshell my function whould allow me to use syntax like "wMainWin.File.Open.Pick()" and it would be able to invoke the File menu and select Open using the MenuSelect method.

I was doing this by index. I had open mapped to index #2 in a list of record because open is the second item in the $popupstart. Then I would do a "wMainWin.MenuBar.MenuSelect(10,10,"#2")". Now, #2 invokes the first item in the menu. #3 invokes open now. I am also having trouble with submenus(otherwise I would consider just adding +1 to my custom function).

Am I going to be stuck here just using .TypeKeys("<Down>") to nav the menu?

Thanks for any help and if you need the full source to my current Pick() overloaded function I can post it. Thanks.

------------------
    Ryan McCullough
    Accelrys Inc.
    ryan@accelrys.com
    Ryan McCullough
    RightNow Tech. Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: xtreme toolkit menus

I tried this with the Explorer GUI demo that you can downlod from the site....

The following code worked fine:
    I tried it with index as well and could see what you were. Are the menus different in your application. Is there a different Demo that we should be looking at?

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

------------------
    Ryan McCullough
    Accelrys Inc.
    ryan@accelrys.com
    Ryan McCullough
    RightNow Tech. Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering the menubar problem above, how would you check to see if certain menu items were enabled?

I can select certain items with MenuSelect, but I really need to pull back properties of these items.