SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link to file in results without using raise?

Hi,

I've just started using Raise with the optional cmd-line parameter to create a clickable link to files/screen captures in the results, and have already found it very useful. However, I'd like to be able to have a clickable link in the results, without calling raise, or at least without generating an error. I couldn't find a way to do this, and was wondering if anyone else had?

thanks,
    adam

------------------
    Adam Kuczkowski
    kuczkowski@metrocast.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Link to file in results without using raise?

I hear what your saying... I'm not an expert with Silk Test, however I do know a guy who has experience. He was my mentor where I work before he left. I'm not going to post his email in fear that he will get tons of email from people he doesn't know, but If you are interested contact me and I'll email it to you directly.

Hope you are having a great day!!!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like this information. How do we contact you directly?

tony.morgan@wonderware.com

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm interested also. If you would, please, after contacting your mentor and finding the procedure, post it here. Thanks.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This doesn't do any of the things you asked, but it might help anyway.

It allows you to link a single file, without interrupting a testcase run / returning a false error _for a testcase_. Unfortunately it displays at the current heirarchical level of the results file, so it will be on the same level with the testcase results (hence the ResOpenList (), which also breaks the pretty red/black error listing). The error shows as a red error, but it's just floating in the middle of the results file rather than giving a false error for the testcase. True errors will fail (and destroy the ability of the reraise function, of course).

You'll probably have to see it for this to make sense.

Only the last raise will be reraised, so only one link will work.

It's clunky, but it works for me.

-TC

--
    Tim Crone
    Broadcom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There currently is not a function or statement such as raise that lets you put an icom associated with a cmd-line in the results file without raising an error. It was logged as an enhancement request a long time ago, but I'm sure it has fallen off the stack by now. Send the suggestion to support@segue.com. If enough people want it, they could do it.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com