SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk 6.00 unable to recognize controls for stand alone Java Application on Window 2

Hi ,

Silk 6.00 unable to recognize controls for stand alone Java Application on Window 2000

We have done with below mentioned setting for configuration of Silk for Stand alone Java Application

1. Modified the CLASSPATH environment variable &
    set it to '.;D:\PROGRA~1\Segue\SilkTest\JavaEx\SilkTest_Java 2.jar;'

We have set classpath to 'D:' as silk is installed on 'D:'

2. For Java2, We have also copied the SilkTest_Java2.jar file to the lib\ext directory of our JVM/JRE. (For us we are using 'java -version 1.3.0 '

3. As all of above configuration were failing our developer had given reference of the correct SilkTest .jar file cmd file of our TestApp as follows

@echo off
    rem
    rem enCompass GUI launcher
    rem

rem set CP="D:\Progra~1\Segue\SilkTest\JavaEx\SilkTest_Jav a2.jar"

D:\bea\jdk131\bin\java.exe -noverify -Xms256m -Xmx256m -jar -classpath

"D:\Progra~1\Segue\SilkTest\JavaEx\SilkTest_Java2. jar" utility.jar

In spite of all above Silk 6.00 unable to recognize controls for stand alone Java Application on Window 2000
    While recording window declaration, whole window is recognized as JavaMAIN WIN

( attaching frame file for reference )

The Java application is developed in

a) Jdk 1.3
    b) JBuilder 6, 7 (IDE for development)
    c) Weblogic 5.1, 6

For UI Development we have used Java swing This is the same that comes as a part of jdk1.3(Java 2)

Please Suggest

Thanks in anticipation

Pallavi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk 6.00 unable to recognize controls for stand alone Java Application on Window 2

When this application is running, what is the "Image Name" listed for it in Task Manager's Processes tab?

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk 6.00 unable to recognize controls for stand alone Java Application on Window 2

'java.exe'
    I have attached screen shot for same

Pallavi

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ptestqa:

... For Java2, We have also copied the SilkTest_Java2.jar file to the lib\ext directory of our JVM/JRE.

D:\bea\jdk131\bin\java.exe -noverify ...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Based on the above fragments the SilkTest_Java2.jar file should have been copied to:

D:\bea\jdk131\lib\ext

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot for help , John

I am through with it

Regards,

Pallavi

------------------

[This message has been edited by ptestqa (edited 01-29-2003).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I continue to pose the question of WHY people are putting the Segue jar in the ext directory of the JVM ?
    Just because it works, it will not work for all situations and will cause other issues....

Do a search for my name and 'ext'
    Anthony

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one time I found I had no other choice was several years ago when I was automating an install test using Install Anywhere. IA uses the lax file to establish its classpath, but the lax file is created AFTER the executable is running. The initial executable, while doing its work, created the lax file and then kicked off another setup.exe which uses the lax file just created. Since SilkTest kicked off that first process prior to the lax file being created, there was no other way to get the segue jar file into the dynamically created classpath other than to incorporate the segue classes into the build which was not an ideal solution.

I'm interested in knowing some specific "issues" you have seen with placing this file in the /lib/ext folder.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Invokejava does not work.

Anthony

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pontoriero:
    I continue to pose the question of WHY people are putting the Segue jar in the ext directory of the JVM ?
    Just because it works, it will not work for all situations and will cause other issues....
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that thought certainly went through my mind several times when I posted. I didn't want to cloud a potential get-'em movin' quick-fix with details that didn't seem immediately relevant.

From your earlier indications of problems with direct lib/ex copies I experimented quite a bit with InvokeJava (and CLASSPATH settings) without incurring any problems. InvokeJava works as expected in simple applications and not at all in complex ones regardless of where the Silk jar is placed.

If you have the time to demonstrate a reproducible failing case for lib/ex, I would appreciate seeing it.

John

------------------