User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Java Application

Dear All,

Anybody can help me in setting up/confifuring silktest for testing an Application developed on Java. I tried all the methods described in silktest Help, still not able to record the objects in the application as they all are shown as custom objects.

Any help on this is welcomed.

Also let me tell you all that
    1. I have set up the CLASSPATH and checked
    the STATUS using java Status utility.

2. JRE1.3 is installed in my machine.

Thanks in Advance
    Regards,
    Vinod

------------------
    Vinjo
    Vinjo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Java Application

In version 6... to start the application that you are testing, and then in SilkTest pick "Enable Extensions" from the Tools menu and follow the prompts of the wizard that will set it up for you.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately i dont have ST6 i am running ST5.5.Can suggest something in this.

Regards,
    Vinod

------------------
    Vinjo
    Vinjo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    I had a similar problem with 5.5 and a java application. Segue recommended starting the application with the Siltest jar file in the command line. I've included the instructions that they gave me for my application below - it now works fine. (toolkit.exe was the application I was using).

From Segue :
    The application when launched from the desktop or start menu runs the toolkit.exe file. As this starts up the Java application the silktest jar file has not been included in the classpath and then cannot achieve injection to the application.

To get around this you must start the application from the command line:
    Firstly start up SilkTest and then the Agent.
    Then from an MSDOS or Command Prompt window (and assuming you accepted the default Toolkit installation directory):
    (1) Navigate to the following directory:
    C:\Program Files\Nokia\MobileInternet
    (2) Enter the following MSDOS command:
    PATH=C:\Program Files\Nokia\MobileInternet\bin;%PATH% (3) Enter the following MSDOS command:
    java -cp <insert classpath to location of SilkTest_Java2.jar> -jar lib\toolkit.jar
    e.g java -cp C:\Progra~1\Segue\SilkTest\JavaEx\SilkTest_Java2.j ar -jar lib\toolkit.jar

I hope that helps.
    Jerrie

------------------