SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At runtime, how do I find out the class mappings in use?

I am trying to write a sanity check in TestCaseEnter, to ensure that the computer has got all it's class mappings in order. I want to do this by comparing the class mappings which are set, against a standard list stored in a text file in a central location.
    Unfortunately, I can't work out how to access (at runtime) the class mappings which are currently in use. They are stored in the .opt file corresponding to the current option set in use, so if I could identify the option set then I could look in the .opt file and easily extract the data from there, but I don't know how to do that either.

Anybody know if it's possible, at runtime, to find out either the name of the in-use option set, or to directly find out the clas mappings in use?

P.S. If there's nothing else, then the last resort is to look at the silktest title bar, which shows the name (including location) of the in-use option set, but that would be a very messy workaround.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: At runtime, how do I find out the class mappings in use?

How about FindWindow() ?

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When in doubt of what class mappings are used what I would recomment is creating a Script Enter function that will set the class mappings for you. Something like:

This way the class mapping that you want will be set for you. You can alway read this data in from the text file where you are storing these class maps.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliant, that sounds absolutely perfect. Ta loads.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is the ScriptEnter placed? Is it placed inside the mainwin declaration? And how do we call it, let's say I am having problem with the app launch based on the defaultbasestate, like

testcase Startapp()

The above testcase doesn't work, and I would like to override the DefaultBaseState (which is executed by executing the DefaultScriptEnter function when the script file is first accessed) with ScriptEnter().

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Declare it as a function in your frame file but not inside any window declaration.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com